Saturday, March 22, 2008

Today: Severe Lack of Rant


I'm beginning to think I'm too positive for a blog.

I paid real close attention today for something I could rant about.

There was a long line at the Timmies drive through, because some jackass decided to order a million coffees and a dozen toasted sandwiches with soup from his car instead of parking and hauling his lazy ass inside to the counter. But I really didn't mind sitting and chilling and waiting.

There was a room I cleaned today (I clean hotel rooms now, by the way) that stunk, had overflowing garbages which I had to pick through to pull out the bottles and cans for recycling, had half of someones head of hair stuck to the shower and tub, and had leaky brown goo stains in the toilet that prompted me to throw out my sponge once I'd cleaned it up. Plus, the bastards didn't tip me. But I found an almost full bottle of Alpenbitter left by the , which I got to keep. So that wasn't too bad.

Then there were the 20 ten-year-olds in town for a hockey tournament that began running through the halls, screaming in the stairwells, and pushing all the elevator buttons at 9am, which resulted in multiple complaints from other guests, a load of trash in the stairs from the tenth floor down to the first, constant screaming, running and panting, and long, long waits for the elevator just so I could grab things like one bath towel, two hand towels, and a no smoking sign from the laundry room in the basement. But I didn't feel right being angry at kids being kids just because I'm an "adult" now. So that wasn't terribly bad.

Then, after a long and tiring shift on my feet, I couldn't get in touch with my fiance or my friend Elysia to give me a ride home, so I ended up limping a few blocks to a 7-11. My dad ended up coming by to get me there and drive me the rest of what would have been a painful, hour-long walk, and I bought me a bottle of Coca-Cola with the American money one room left me for tip. So all in all, that wasn't too bad.

So what the hell am I supposed to rant about other than not having anything to rant about?

1 comment:

chris. said...

Yes! My problem too! Almost nothing bothers me enough to make me want to write paragraph after paragraph about it. Darn positiveness! Your past posts have been pretty darn good rants though!

I'm just gonna keep writing about silly and random stuff and leave the big rants up to Tyr! Seems silly to go around looking for stuff that bothers us just for the sake of having something to write about. =P